Scheduled AppearancesClick here for the latest schedule.
This Land of Strangers
"..the most important book of the decade." — Richard Boyatzis, co-author of best seller Primal Leadership
Relationships, in all their varied forms, have been the lifetime study of Robert Hall. He brings a rare combination of experience as a researcher, consultant, writer, teacher and CEO in dealing with the real-world relationship challenges of modern organizations. When coupled with a decade of hands-on experience in the gritty world of inner-city homeless families it translates into a tapestry of vivid stories, well-researched and oft startling facts, and strategic insights that weave together the yet untold narrative of society's gravest risk and most stellar opportunity.
For information on speaking events, please contact Hall’s publicist, Diane Feffer at 972-670-7078 or email@example.com.
January 9, 2013: Presentation, “Mentoring: A Key Source of Organization and Personal Value”, Private Client
January 10, 2013: Presentation, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff”, CEO Institute
January 16, 2013: Speech, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff: The Growing Risk for Leaders”, Success North Dallas, Dallas TX
February 8, 2013: Interview, Michigan’s Morning Show (16 affiliate stations), Lansing MI
February 9, 2013: Interview, Weekend Morning, WBT (CBS affiliate), Charlotte NC
February 21, 2013: Presentation, Texas Presbyterian Foundation, Dallas TX
February 26, 2013: Speech, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff: The Human Resource Imperative for Productive Relationships”, HRCatalyst Group, Dallas TX
February 28, 2013: Luncheon Speaker, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff: The Imperative for Relationships in Delivering Social Good”, Dallas Salesmanship Club, Dallas TX
March 6, 2013: Luncheon Speaker, Preston Center Club, Private Event
March 12, 2013: Dinner Speaker, “The Relationship Cliff: The Human Resource Imperative for Productive Organization Relationships,” PMI, Houston (North), Texas
March 13, 2013: Dinner Speaker, “The Relationship Cliff: The Human Resource Imperative for Productive Organization Relationships,” PMI, Houston, Texas
April 7, 2013: “Fractured Relationships and Their Impact on Business and Politics”, KERA TV, Airing Sunday 4/7 at 12:30pm
April 14, 2013: “Fractured Relationships and Their Impact on Personal Lives and Faith”, KERA TV, Airing Sunday 4/14 at 12:30pm
April 25, 2013: Speaker, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff: Social Media – Enemy or Ally for Relationships Building”, Social Media Breakfast, Dallas TX
May 16, 2013: Speech, “Society’s Flight from Relationships: A Major Challenge Facing Education”, The Public Education Foundation, Southern Nevada Leadership Summit, Las Vegas NV
June 1, 2013: Leadership Conference Retreat, “Building Relationships: The Key to Growing Stronger Communication, Communities, Customers and Teams,” American Society of Civil Engineers, Corpus Christi TX
July 11, 2013: JAG National Training Conference Keynote, “Relationship: Our Big Challenge and Bigger Opportunity”, Nashville TN
September 12, 2013: “This Land of Strangers”, Thursday Review Literary Club, Private Event
September 26, 2013: Speech, “Society’s Flight from Relationships: A Major Challenge Facing Parents”, Parents Education, Christ the King Catholic Church, Dallas TX
October 4, 2013: Board Retreat, “The Human Resources Imperative for Productive Organization Relationships,” HR Houston, Houston TX
October 16, 2013: Speaker, “This Land of Strangers”, Richland College Emeritus Program, Dallas TX
October 23, 2013: The HR Southwest Conference, “Navigating the Relationship Cliff: The HR Imperative”, Ft. Worth TX
November 1, 2013: Speech, “This Land of Strangers”, Vegas Valley Book Festival, Las Vegas NV
November 2, 2013: Author Panel, Vegas Valley Book Festival, Las Vegas NV
November 14, 2013: Dinner Speaker, Executive Connections, Private Event
January 25, 2014: Keynote, Officer Enrichment, New Covenant Presbytery, Houston TX (tentative)
February 13, 2014: Luncheon Speaker, “The Human Resource Imperative for Productive Relationships,” HR Houston Monthly Luncheon, Houston TX
March 22, 2014: Keynote, Presbytery Meeting, New Covenant Presbytery, Houston TX (tentative)
Topics and Audiences
Robert’s speaking exudes his broad experience as researcher, consultant, writer, teacher, and CEO in dealing with the challenges of modern organizations and a decade of hands-on personal experience in the gritty world of inner-city homeless families. He captivates his audiences with his ability to tell stories, cite research, and give practical application that informs, entertains, inspires – and most importantly paints a new vision. One of Robert’s strengths is tying together and tailoring the broad message of our relational demise – across home, work, politics, and faith – to the interests and focus of specific audiences. He offers the following as keynote addresses, half-day retreats or full-day workshops:
- Dying and Living in This Land of Strangers
- Home Alone: How Loss of Family, Friends, and Community is Destroying Us – and What We Can Do About It
- Nobody’s Business: How the Relationship Crisis Impacts Customer, Employee, and Shareholder Value – and the Opportunity to Restore It
- A House Divided: How Political Dysfunction and the Relationship Crisis Conspire to Destroy Society – and What Must Be Done to Turn it Around
- War and (No) Peace: How the On-going Religious War Undermines our Espoused Beliefs – and What It Will Take to Win the Peace
His message, customized to different audiences, is thought-provoking and inspiring for:
- Parents, grandparents, teachers, and counselors who want to better grasp the context, cause, cost, and cure for relational decline on children.
- Foundations, non-profits, public service agencies, social service workers, case managers, and church groups who serve those trapped in a world of relational chaos.
- Businesses challenged to deliver enhanced customer, employee, management, and shareholder relationships in a marketplace of distrust and relational erosion.
- Citizens, political interest groups, and activists concerned about the partisan divide that has rendered our government impotent to address urgent economic, social, and cultural problems.
- Church and secular groups caught in the midst of heated debate and vitriol that obstructs constructive disagreement, tolerance of differences, and espoused values for getting along.
- Associations, learning or book clubs, and special interest groups focused on learning more about the single most important unreported strategic trend that crosses all of society.
- University and study groups who want to discuss the most researched book available on the state of relationships.
Robert the Speaker
Robert is noted for translating his unique insights on relationships into a powerful, engaging and persuasive spoken message. He employs a combination of strategic vision, compelling facts, humor, and poignant story-telling that delivers an urgent wake-up call to address the relationship crisis we face. It is designed to leave no heart or brain – left or right – behind.
He has shared the platform at major conferences as keynote speaker with such notables as Bill Gates, then-Chairman and CEO at Microsoft, Lew Platt, then-CEO of Hewlett Packard, and Dick Kovacevich, Chairman and former CEO of Wells Fargo. He has addressed audiences of up to 8,000 in the U.S. and in Canada, several Latin America countries, the United Kingdom, Spain, South Africa and Australia. CEOs have brought him in to speak to large employee and customer groups to inspire fresh perspective and renewed commitment to more effective relationships. He has also presented to large and small non-profit groups on issues of relationship, homelessness, and community. A partial listing of conferences where he has delivered keynote speeches and led retreats includes:
- Microsoft North American Global Summit
- American Society for Training and Development International Conference and Exposition
- Asociacion de Marketing Bancaro Argentina (Argentine Bank Marketing Association, Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Association for Management Information National Conference
- Interfaith Housing Coalition Strategic Retreat
- ABN Amro Executive Conference (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- University of Arizona/Bank of America FutureBanking Conference
- Brown-Forman Corporation National Management Conference
- John Knox School Strategic Retreat
- Microsoft European Global Summit (Seville, Spain)
- Cigna Insurance Executive Sales Council
- Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Summit
- Hyatt Hotels Sales and Marketing Executive Forum
- American Bankers Association Small Business Banking Conference
- Innovative Systems “Maximizing the Customer Experience”
- Grace Presbyterian Church, Houston, Texas
- Instructional Systems Association Conference
- Interbank Executive Conference (Lima, Peru)
- Southern Methodist University Graduate School of Banking
- Lafferty International Retail Bankers Council (London, England)
- National Association of Professional Employer Organizations
- NRMA Management Conference (Sydney, Australia)
- Peppers & Rogers South Africa Customer Relationship Management Conference (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Retail Council of Canada (Toronto, Canada)
- Royal Bank of Canada Consumer Banking Conference (Toronto, Canada)
- Sales and Marketing Management Powerselling National Conference and Exposition
- Staffing Industry Executive Forum
- Standard Bank of South Africa National Client Conference Tour (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Thomas Cook International Financial Services Conference (London, England)
- Westpac Management Conference (Sydney, Australia)
■ “Robert, your session was rated the highest of all.”
- Susan Sullivan-Sibert, Microsoft Inc., Microsoft Global Summit
■ ”Feedback from our members has been overwhelmingly positive.”
- Marisa J. Broka, American Bankers Association, ABA Annual Convention and Industry Forum
■ ”Thank you very much for an insightful, educational, and interactive session. The feedback has been really positive.”
- Frank J. Calaguire, Vice President, Sales Operations, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
■ ”Robert, you were terrific. Your warmth, professional image, and the content of your presentation spoke highly of your knowledge and enthusiasm for your subject. It is easy to see why your company is successful and your new book is being well received. You received the highest overall rating we have had in the last year.”
- George Hendley, Vice President of Programs, American Society for Training and Development International Conference and Exposition
■ ”You were the top-rated Forum speaker. We are looking forward to a repeat performance.”
- Peter Yessne, Editor and Publisher, Staffing Industry Report, Staffing Industry Executive Forum
■ ”Robert, many thanks for hitting the long ball for us at Brown-Forman. Everyone I spoke to mentioned how valuable your message was. The chairman referenced you and your strategy in his keynote address.”
- John Hoskins, Advantage Performance Group
■ Robert was selected by Bank Administration Institute to interview Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft, on the direction of technology as the lead-in to Robert’s keynote address at BAI’s annual conference in 1997 to an audience of 8,000.